- Dr. Tamer El-Batt Received The State Award Tashgeeya Class in 2015.
- Dr. Marianne Azer, associate professor in the School of Communication and Information Technology, is appointed Consultant to the Minister of Communications & Information Technology for Strategic Affairs in 2015.
- Dr. Ahmed Samir Fahmy, Dr. Ahmed Gomaa Radwan, and Dr. Hesham Osman have been awarded the State Incentive Award جائزة الدولة التشجيعية for 2013.
- Dr. Samhaa El-Beltagy wins best paper award Dr. Samhaa El-Beltagy (NU Center for Informatics Sciences) for winning the Best Paper Award at the International Conference on Innovations and Information Technology (IIT' 13).
- Dr. Hesham Osman wins Best Paper Award Dr. Hesham Osman (NU Construction Engineering and Management Program) won the Stephan G. Revay Award in the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering. Annual Conference in May 2013. The award is presented to authors of the best paper published in the Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering in the areas of construction engineering, construction management or project management.
Rehab Ali and Ahmed Deif win First Place in the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) paper competition.
The Institute of Industrial Engineers - Lean Division announced the winners of the seventh Lean Student Paper Competition sponsored by J T. and Carol S. Black. The competition recognizes outstanding papers in the field of lean research and practices. The First Place goes to Rehab Ali and Ahmed Deif, Industrial Engineering Department, Nile University, Cairo, Egypt for the paper titled “Investigating the Impact of the Dynamics Associated with Increasing Responsiveness Level on Leanness”. Awards will be given at the annual Honors & Awards Banquet during IIE Annual Conference in Puerto Rico, May 18 - 22, 2013. The first place winner will be included in the IIE Annual Award list. Winning papers will be presented at the Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference (ISERC), 2013 in Puerto Rico.
Think Steve Jobs: 10 Emerging Tech Women in the Middle East You Should Know About. Noha is a research assistant at Nile University in Egypt. With a bachelor’s in computer science, Noha has four years of experience as a software developer and as a designer for back-end systems. Eager to garner more knowledge of technology and tech companies, she has enrolled in the Management of Technology program at Nile University. Noha co-founded FekraSquared, a crowdsourcing platform in the Middle East. The top 10 Emerging Tech Women In The Middle East You Should Know About
- Students Exchange Program: Living and studying in a foreign country has become a core component of responsive higher education, opening doors not only to fields of study but also to cultural enrichment and understanding that benefit students for the rest of their lives. NU offers various study abroad options through its own Students Exchange Agreements with several foreign universities. Currently, there are two students at University of Miami and one student at University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. Another engineering student was awarded a full scholarship for a US State Department sponsored program and has registered this year at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
- NU student, Kholoud Elwan won a full scholarship for a US State Dept. sponsored program; she is at the Rochester Institute of Technology for a full year.
- NU's team (Silgenix) wins 3rd prize in the 2012 MIT Arab Business Plan Competition.
- January 2011: 4 NU projects were finalists in the Global Entrepreneurship Program (GEP) competition.
- January 2011: NU’s RA, Yara Omar, represented Egypt in the Present Around The World (PATW) Global Competition in London, in which she was selected as nominee.
- (NISC) RAs received the Best Student Paper Award in the International Conference on Energy Efficiency .The Award selection and handing out was made by Greg Taylor, Director of Research, Intel.
- NU was selected as the Egyptian representative in Celebration of Entrepreneurship Seminar in Dubai and presented a session on entrepreneurship on that occasion.
- NU’s EG-Bioinformatics, Project in the Center for Informatics Science (CIS), won best project in Egypt in Med Ventures
- MIT Business Plan Competition where 1850 proposals were submitted worldwide
- 3 out of 9 finalists were from / supported by NU
2 out of the 3 top prizes were awarded to groups from / supported by NU
- NU was selected as partner in President Obama’s Global Entrepreneurship Program and is the only Egyptian University to be selected as such.
- NU proposals submitted to Microsoft Research in response to the "Mobile Healthcare for Africa" call were both selected for funding. Out of the 5 selected proposals, 2 are from Egypt and both are from NU (CIS and WINC research centers).
- July 15th 2010: Dr. Ahmed Mosa, Assistant Professor, Transportation Systems Program, has been awarded the Cairo University Prize for the Best Paper on Developing Countries for his paper entitled “Exploring the Impacts of In-Home Virtual Activities an Daily Activity and Travel Behavior: An Analysis Using Cairo Activity and Telecommunication Diary Data 2006”, published in the World Conference of Transport Research (WCTR2010).
- Spring 2010: 8 NU Master Degree Graduate Students Awarded Full PhD. Scholarships at Top Universities in North America including: Ohio State, University of Minnesota , University of Texas at Dallas, University of California Davis, University of Maryland at Baltimore and the University of Texas A&M
- April 2010: Karim Ahmed Wageeh, NU freshman wins the first place in The Dubai International Chess Championship, men competition, held on April, 4-15, 2010.
- March 6th, 2010: NU and General Motors Holdings LLC (GM), USA signed a Master Agreement on, establishing a strong relationship in cutting-edge scientific research.
- January 22nd, 2010: Dr. Wael Akl, Assistant Professor in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, was granted a Science &Technology Development Fund (STDF) for his project on "Modeling and Development of a Novel Smart Paint Sensor for Acoustic and Vibration Measurement".
- January 2010: Karim Ahmed Wageeh, NU freshman is the first prize winner of the "African Juniors & Girls Chess Championships 2009", held in Egypt during the period from December 30th until January 8th. This is the third consecutive time that Karim has won this championship.
- January 2010: British Petroleum Egypt (BP), a major sponsor of NU academic scholarships, arranged a welcome reception for NU Research Assistants and postgraduate students to meet with BP’s Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Tony Hayward. The meeting took place with the presence of Eng. Hesham Mekawy, Chairman BP Egypt. The RAs overviewed for Mr. Hayward their areas of focus, and the objectives of the research they are conducting.
- December 2009: Nile University’s Nanoelectronics Integrated Systems Center’s Research Assistants awarded internships at Intel Corp, USA as part of their research work.
- November 2009: Dr. Mohamed Abouelhoda, Assistant Professor, Center for Informatics Sciences (CIS), has received an award of $9300 processed as university donation in recognition of his achievements and for enabling research in the field of Bioinformatics and its applications on Blue Gene.
- November 2009: Dr. Hesham El- Gamal, Associate Professor, Wireless Intelligent Network Center (WINC), has received an elevation by the Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineers (IEEE) Board of Directors to become an IEEE Fellow, which is the highest grade of membership in the IEEE, and the Institute’s most prestigious honors. Dr. El- Gamal received this elevation for his contributions to multiple-input multiple-output and cooperative communications.
- August 2009: NU researchers completed an important project in the field of Informatics Sciences in collaboration with Microsoft
- 1-3rd August 2009: NU Graduate Student Rehab Massoud received 1st prize in “Made in Egypt” Competition, EED.
- July 2009: NU researcher, Dr. Moustafa Youssef, was awarded Google Research Award which is a precedent for Arab Researchers.
- July 2009: NU Master Degree Graduate Students Awarded Full PhD. Scholarships at Top Universities in Europe and North America including: Imperial College, Ohio State, University of Southern California, University of Minnesota , University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the University of California Irvine.
- December 2008: The Grenoble School of Management (one of the leading business schools in France) has awarded Dr. Tarek Khalil, founder of IAMOT (International Association of Management of Technology) and NU President, a "Doctor Honoris Causa" for his contributions to the MOT field.